Details about Robert Guillaume’s death emerge

Details about Robert Guillaume’s death emerge

Getty Images

The award-winning actor passed away on Oct. 24, 2017.

The Blast reports that Robert Guillaume died as a result of cardiopulmonary arrest. According to his death certificate, which was obtained by the gossip rag, Guillaume, who had been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and dementia, also experienced atrial fibrillation and hypertension, which may have contributed to his passing.

As Nicki Swift previously reported, Guillaume passed away in his Los Angeles home on Tuesday, Oct. 24. He was 89 years old. Originally, it had been thought that Guillaume had died of prostate cancer, as his wife told the Associated Press that he’d been battling the disease before his death.

Guillaume rose to fame in the 1980s after starring as Benson DuBois in the ABC sitcoms Soap and Benson, a role which earned him two Emmys. He later acted in TV shows like Sports Night and The Robert Guillaume Show, as well as movies like Lean on Me, First Kid, and Big Fish, among many others.

Guillaume also lent his voice to the HBO cartoon Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Every Child as the series’ narrator and, most notably, The Lion King as Rafiki. He later won a Grammy for narrating The Lion King read-along book.

A theater actor, Guillaume starred in several productions over the course of his career, including The Phantom of the Opera and Guys and Dolls, the latter for which he snagged a Tony nomination.

LAPD investigating rape allegations against Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick

LAPD investigating rape allegations against Gossip Girl star Ed Westwick

Getty Images

The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2017 that it is officially investigating actress Kristina Cohen’s recent rape allegations made against Ed Westwick. According to E! News, Cohen filed a police report at the LAPD’s Hollywood Division at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, which spurred the active investigation.

As Nicki Swift previously reported, Cohen took to Facebook on Monday, Nov. 6, accusing the former Gossip Girlstar of raping her in 2014, when she went to the guest bedroom to take a nap in the actor’s home. “I was woken up abruptly by Ed on top of me, his fingers entering my body. I told him to stop, but he was strong,” she wrote. “I fought him off as hard as I could but he grabbed my face in his hands, shaking me, telling me he wanted to f*** me.”

“I was paralyzed, terrified. I couldn’t speak, I could no longer move. He held me down and raped me. It was a nightmare, and the days following weren’t any better,” the Greek actress continued. She added that her producer boyfriend at the time, who had introduced her to Westwick at dinner earlier that evening, blamed her, claiming she was an “active participant.” In her post, Cohen admitted, “I believed him. I didn’t want to be ‘that girl.'”

Westwick, 30, took to Instagram on Tuesday, Nov. 7 to deny Cohen’s claims. “I do not know this woman. I have never forced myself in any manner, on a woman,” he wrote in a text image. “I certainly have never committed rape.”

Cohen’s allegations come in the wake of ongoing scandal in the entertainment industry. Since early October 2017, serious accusations of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and/or rape have been made against major Hollywood big shots, like Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, and several others.

“I’m sickened to see men like Ed respected in such a public way,” Cohen wrote, explaining why she is coming forward now. “Men like Ed using fame and power to rape and intimidate but then continue through the world collecting accolades. I hope my coming forward will help others to know that they are not alone, that they are not to blame, and it is not their fault.”

Luke Bryan, wife on adopting his sister’s kids: ‘We never thought twice about it’

Luke Bryan, wife on adopting his sister’s kids: ‘We never thought twice about it’

Getty Images

The country music star just opened up about his family life—and the tragedies that he and his brood have endured over the years.

Speaking with Good Morning America‘s Robin Roberts in an interview that aired Nov. 6, 2017 (via ABC News), Luke Bryan discussed how he came to adopt his nieces and nephews as his own. After his sister, Kelly, passed away—a decade after the death of his brother, Chris—Kelly’s husband died in 2014, leaving their three children without an immediate family.

But Luke and his wife of nearly 11 years, Caroline Bryan, stepped in to make sure his sister’s kids were taken care of, adopting all three children into their family. “We never thought twice about it,” Caroline, who shares sons Bo and Tate with Luke, explained to Roberts. “You know, it was never something that he and I had to sit down and talk about, you know, should we take this on? We just did it.”

Of course, while taking family in was an easy choice to make, there were some things Luke and Caroline had to get used to—namely, raising a teenager. Regarding his 15-year-old nephew Til, Luke said, “We’re buddies now, though, kinda.”

The “Play It Again” singer continued, joking, “Until he makes me … that’s when I get onto him, I’m like, ‘Alright, you’re making me be an adult, don’t make me be an adult!'”

As for what drives him to persevere through the difficult times in his life, Luke, 41, credits his faith. “I’ve watched my family go through ebbs and flows where we get mad at God and we get mad at why this has happened,” the American Idol judge explained to GMA. “Well, you keep going and you try to, try to be as positive as you can, and you try to appreciate every day. You’ll never get back to 100 percent. You’ll always be working to get back to 75 percent.”

While we wait to hear more from the Bryan family, read more about Luke’s heartbreaking real life story.

Jill Scott files for divorce

Jill Scott files for divorce

Getty Images
Andy Scott2 hours ago

TMZ has confirmed that singer Jill Scott has filed for divorce from her husband Mike Dobson after less than 18 months of marriage, citing “inappropriate marital conduct that such further cohabitation would be unsafe and improper.”

The report adds that Scott, 45, also cited irreconcilable differences in her legal documents.

Scott and Dobson reportedly separated in September 2017 and have been living in separate homes. Scott, meanwhile, will reportedly move to enforce their prenup, per TMZ.

Further details on the couple’s divorce were not made available.